Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Eat with Your Eyes: Market Edition

Due to the crazy success* of my last "Eat with Your Eyes" blog I decided to post another, this time it's the Market Edition. Taking pictures of food is fun, and while my food photography skills have improved I still have a long way to go before my pictures end up on magazine covers. Usually I take pictures of a dish at a restaurant or one I made at home, but I also have a few pictures from stores and markets. Mass quantities of fruits, vegetables, even packaged goods are fun photography subjects.

* My mom, boyfriend, and a few random twitter followers read it!



An ingredient I recently discovered and really love: chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. They are smokey, spicy, and delicious! See the Tortilla Soup recipe. I had a hard time finding them the first time, hopefully this pic will make it easier for you.
75 Locations in PA, VA, MD, NJ and NY




Massive quantity of olives.
101 Lincoln Highway
Jeanette, PA 15644




Dried peppers or pretty hanging decorations? Both! This was taken at one of the most famous markets in the world.
1531 Western Avenue
Seattle, Washington 98101




Carrots at a lovely farmer's market in Olympia, Washington.
700 Capital Way North
Olympia, Washington 98512


No comments:

Post a Comment