I love scrambled eggs.
Here is how I make the perfect scrambled eggs:
- 2 eggs
- dash of milk
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Crack eggs into medium sized bowl.
- Add a dash of milk.
- *Important* Whisk eggs until nice and frothy. Use an actual whisk, not a fork! Even better, use a hand held blender. Sounds a little over the top I know, but the eggs come out super fluffy.
- *also important* Cook until the eggs are no longer runny but still "shiny". I can't stand over cooked scrambled eggs, and I think most people don't realized that they overcook them.
- Plate and sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!
When I don't care about calories...I use cream instead of milk, and toss some butter in the pan. When I'm feeling fancy... I add some goat cheese just before the eggs are done so the cheese gets melty. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
I started thinking about my perfect eggs after I stumbled upon a Gordon Ramsey recipe for his perfect scrambled eggs. Tomorrow morning I'm going to try his recipe, and we'll see which eggs I like better.