Friday, November 27, 2009

Egg-cellent: Part 1


I love scrambled eggs.

Here is how I make the perfect scrambled eggs:
  • 2 eggs
  • dash of milk
  • salt and fresh cracked pepper
  1. Crack eggs into medium sized bowl.
  2. Add a dash of milk.
  3. *Important* Whisk eggs until nice and frothy. Use an actual whisk, not a fork! Even better, use a hand held blender. Sounds a little over the top I know, but the eggs come out super fluffy.
  4. *also important* Cook until the eggs are no longer runny but still "shiny". I can't stand over cooked scrambled eggs, and I think most people don't realized that they overcook them.
  5. Plate and sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!
When I don't care about calories...I use cream instead of milk, and toss some butter in the pan. When I'm feeling fancy... I add some goat cheese just before the eggs are done so the cheese gets melty. Sprinkle with chopped chives.




Image: everystockphoto.com

I started thinking about my perfect eggs after I stumbled upon a Gordon Ramsey recipe for his perfect scrambled eggs. Tomorrow morning I'm going to try his recipe, and we'll see which eggs I like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment